Altar Rosary Society
The mission of the Altar Rosary Society is to enhance the spiritual and social life of its members, both MEN and WOMEN. St. Mary's Altar Rosary Society has been inexistence for over 90 years. The society consists of men and women who are members of St. Mary Cathedral parish. Activities include Sunday Coffee & Donuts, Lenten Soup Suppers, Lenten Fish Fry Pie Sales, Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekend Pie Sales, among many others. Funds raised through these activities are used to purchase liturgical items for the Cathedral, care and upkeep of the Rectory, and other worthy opportunities for support throughout our Christian community.
Over the years, the society has been able to purchase or donate many needed items for the parish and school, some of which include:
- Large crucifix, currently located in the Chapel
- Contributed over $20,000 to the Capital Campaign and Beginning Anew Debt Reducation Campaign
- Altar Server Cassocks
- Chairs for the parish hall
- Dishwasher for parish hall kitchen
- Expenses to repair the church bells
- Rectory improvement project
Annual contributions are also made to:
- Grand Rapids Dominican Sisters
- Baraga Broadcasting Catholic Radio
- New Life Pregnancy Resource Center
- Otsego Country Food Pantry
We meet the 1st Sunday of each month at 12:45 p.m. in CMR B.
Meetings are held October through May.
Interested in becoming a Member?
If you are interested in learning more about the Altar Rosary Society or becoming a member, you are welcome to attend a meeting. Meetings are held the first Sunday of each month from October to May at 1:00pm in the Cathedral Meeting Room, unless otherwise indicated (no meetings June to September).
Please refer to this web page, the bulletin or monitors in the gathering space for meeting information. Lunch is provided after meetings.
Membership dues are $10 per year.
For additional information about the Altar Rosary Society, feel free to contact our President, Teresa Cherry 989.732.7176